Posted on October 21 2016
Mark Wahlberg's "Pain & Gain" Legs & Back Workout
We've seen Mark looking impressive in most of his on-screen roles, but none more so than during Pain & Gain where he needed to gain considerable size (especially important when you're stood next to Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson all day!).
With tight schedules on filming and other obligations, Mark would find himself working out at 4am, and needing a regime to maximise size and gains. To do this, Wahlberg and his trainers devised a routine incorporating multiple sessions, and multiple body parts per week.
Here we're focusing on his Legs & Back superset routine. His Tuesday routine around 4:30 in the morning. He starts with a heavy Legs and Back workout. Then, after a well earned rest, he would train abs workout and do light cardio afternoon.
Rest 45 seconds between each Superset...
- Front Squats / Split Squats - 4x 12 reps SUPERSET
- Leg Press / Jump Squats - 4x 12 reps SUPERSET
- Walking Lunges / Calf Raises - 4x 12 reps SUPERSET
- Barbell Deadlift / Alternating Leg Curls - 4x 12 reps SUPERSET
- Pull-ups / Dumbbell Rows - 4x 12 reps SUPERSET
- Lat Pull Downs / Seated Pulley/Cable Rows - 4x 12 reps SUPERSET
Give this a try if you want to maximise growth and strength in a restricted routine. Eat plenty and get lots of rest, as before you know it, you'll be back in the gym hitting more Supersets like Mark Wahlberg!
Let us know how you get and leave your comments below.